Do you have an interest in fermented foods, their benefits, and the process?
Are you interested in learning the science behind tempe?
Let’s learn together about science and interesting facts about tempe from academics, practitioner, and industrial point of view!
Department of Food Science and Technology – IPB University will be conducting Summer Course Program 2022 with the title of “TEMPE: INDONESIAN CULTURAL HERITAGE FOR THE WORLD”.
This summer course will unravel the secret behind tempe, the Indonesian indigenous fermented food. This year, the summer course program will be conducted ONLINE.
Some topics covered include:
- Tempe as Indonesian cultural heritage for the world
- Fermentation technology: theory and application
- Fermentation technology of tempe: chemical and microbiological changes during tempe fermentation
- Current research on “quick” tempe
- Tempe-based food products: development strategies
- Production of tempe
- Preparation of tempe: from ingredient to Indonesian signature dish
- Challenges of developing tempe business abroad
- Current status of International Standard and trade of fermented foods
- Thai fermented foods and their health benefits
- European fermented foods’ manufacturing
- Innovation in fermented food products
- Production of tempe (independent practical work)
- Virtual cooking of tempe-based dish
- Virtual field trip to TempeLand
- Group assignment, discussion and presentation
List of Speakers
Thursday, July 28 – Friday, August 5, 2022
- Transferable course credit (2 credits)
- Experienced lecturers
The fee for this summer course program is USD 15 for international students; Rp 200.000,- for Indonesian students; Rp 100.000,- for DFST-IPB students; and USD 35 or Rp 500.000,- for professionals.
Please transfer to:
Bank Name: BNI
Bank country and city: INDONESIA, BOGOR
Bank branch address : Jl. Ir. H. Djuanda, Bogor Indonesia
Exact bank account holder’s name: REKTOR IPB c.q KS FATETA
Account number: 3889948
Account currency: IDR
Bank branch code or sort code: –
IBAN Code: –
SWIFT Code: BNINIDJABGR
How to apply
This program is recommended for university student in the field of life sciences (Food Science/ Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc).
You can fill in the application form and attach the documents needed (proof of transfer, copy of passport, copy of transcript) at the link below:
Application is opened until July 15th, 2022.
Harum Fadhilatunnur (firstname.lastname@example.org)